July 18, 2011

Today Haley is still in the ICU at Primary’s.  Her fever has gone down but they are trying to clear up her throat and mouth sores so it will be easier for her to eat and swallow.  She is in good hands there, all of the staff and nurses are awesome.  Plus, as always, she is accompanied by her closest and dearest friend in the whole world, her cousin Darianne. Hey, Dari, can I just tell you how much I love you and how I would NEVER have gotten through this without you!!!  She always has the right thing to say and turn my tears to laughter.  I don’t know how she does it.  She had me and Haley laughing so hard yesterday we were in tears . . . planning Haley’s prom night . . . Oh my, Dari, you are a character.  Thank you for taking care of Haley for me when I am not there. 

There are no words to express how unbelievably amazing our neighbors are.  Our very sweet neighbor, Kiersten Price, is putting together a fund raiser and bake sale for Haley on July 23, 2011 (Fund Raiser Link). It never ceases to amaze me how people rise to the occasion in time of need.  Thank you thank you Kiersten for putting that together.  Wow, you guys are so awesome!!!!

7 comments:

  1. this reminds me of the song by rascal flatts. skin.. who knew that song would come so close to hitting home with all of us.. Tam, stick in there.. and Dawayne, and Makayla, and Ty, and Aysia, and little Jerzi.. everyone must be exhausted and Darianne you're awesome!! thanx Tami's friends and neighbors!!! It makes me so happy to hear all the ward and neighbors and friends pulling together.. it makes me cry from gratitude.. I love good people!! :) xoxoxo sending love and wish i could do more than just send messeges. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps happy birthday tami. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I found out about Haley that song was stuck in my head for days and I cried when I saw the video. If you haven't watched it, you might not want to.

    I'm sorry to hear she's in the ICU! Let me know if you need me to "adopt" any of your younger kids while you're with Haley at the hospital.

    Sarah is offering the prayer at her Great Grandma's funeral tomorrow and asked if she can include Haley since she's always in her prayers. I thought it was sweet.

    We're thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow liz that is soo sweet of Sarah! so touching. im sorry to hear about her great grandma though. sending love. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you guys don't know me, but I live in the area and heard the story. I just wanted you guys to know that you have my support, my respect, and you are in my prayers. I can't come to the bake sale, but I'll be sure to advertise and tell all my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley, I think about you every day. You are such a beautiful young lady... you take after your mom. I will continue to send good vibrations your way and pray that your recovery goes smoothly and quickly. Stay strong and know that God loves you. Haley, remember God trusts the strong and you are one of his strongest!
    Take care, Val Jeffs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haley this is dad "D" I so miss seeing you already. I am keeping very close tabs on you and miss you dearly. Hang in there and I will call soon. I love you so very much. i hope this posts correctly. Just wanted to reach out and hug you. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete