Cancer Poker Run

Underneath that rough and tumble exterior of tattoos and leather are the most kind-hearted and compassionate group of people you will ever meet.  Hershel of the Harley Davidson Motor Club and Budweiser sponsored a Cancer Poker Run for Haley on Saturday, May 19, 2012.  All of the bikers started out at Copperton King Bar in Magna, Utah and traveled all over Utah and Salt Lake Counties.  There to see them off was Jessica, Grandpa Steve, Grandma LuAnn and me . . .Mom :). Wow, what a sight that was to witness and be a part of. My deepest thanks goes out to all those that helped and participated in that event!


This morning as I woke up, I felt so overcome with emotion that I quite literally fell to my knees and wept.  It was long overdue.  I prayed that someday I would have the opportunity to pay forward all of the kindness and blessings that have showered my family this last year.  With all of my imperfections, I didn’t feel worthy enough to have received all of them.  But then I remembered that I have been privileged enough to not only be in the presence of an angel, but to have raised her and called her my own.  The thought of her graduating and going off to college next year and leaving our home, is almost unbearable.  Haley is registered and will start school again for her Senior Year at Copper Hills High School in August of this year!  I can’t believe she will be 18 soon ;(~!


Make a Wish update . . . sooo . . . if any of you know Haley, you know that she is a die hard Harry Potter fan with movie posters covering her ceiling . . . it will be no shocker to find out that her wish was to go with her little brother and sisters and see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida! . . ~~Stay tuned~~ . . . 









No comments:

Post a Comment